There are a lot of ways you can get involved in GSU. First of all, you can sign a GSU authorization card, affirming that you are a member of the union. Starting November 2016, we are in the middle of a card-campaign for union-recognition – collecting signed authorization cards from prospective members of the bargaining unit, to file for an union election. A favorable majority of those voting in the election will enable GSU to bargain a contract – we will then be looking to elect a bargaining committee, that will bargain a contract and bring it to the membership for a vote. So, contact your departmental organizer, and sign an authorization card! Or contact us if you have any questions or would like to discuss the campaign.
- You can subscribe to our newsletter.
- You can get involved in one of our campaigns.
- You can join the organizing committee directly or one of its subcommittees. You can become a departmental organizer.
- You can improve this website.
- You can sign up to Volunteer some time.
- You can get involved with other groups we’re affiliated with, like the American Federation of Teachers, the American Association of University Professors, or the Coalition of Graduate Employee Unions.
- You can do solidarity work with other groups in Chicago.
- You can let us know what working conditions are like in your part of the university, or do some research on what it’s like for others.
Above all, you can help create the union that you want to see exist.
Or else you can fill out this handy form, and we’ll get in touch with you as soon as we get a chance. If you have general inquiries, see our contact page.